New outside garden tap.poor pressure.

• Thread starter harry0harry
  • Start date
H

harry0harry

Help.
Just fitted a new peglar outside garden tap and the pressure of water is very poor.
Other cold mains water taps in house are very powerful and stop valve adjacent to water meter is fully open.
Could the tap be defective ? the previous tap that had been there for 20 years was changed as water was pouring out of the stuffing seal.

Thank you in advance.

Harry.

Sponsored Links
5 mins, & a few pence worth of PTFE tape would have repaired the old tap ;)

The pressure will seem low because your new tap probably contains 2 check valves, which will restrict the flow somewhat, if the pressure is not great.

Update,i took the tap back to the plumbers merchants,explained of the poor performance and it was exchanged for a similar looking brass garden tap,he said they were designed different and now fitted the tap is now supplying great pressure and flow even better than my old 20 year old tap.

Kidgreen61 I did consider repacking the gland but the nut was so butchered up by others,it was impossible to get an adjustable spanner to grip it but thank you for your reply.

Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back