New oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just installing my new oven and hob - the wires are capped with tin or something. Not seen this before - should this be removed before wiring in?

Thanks, Jake

Sponsored Links
Okay.. just wired the plug on. Oven not coming on. This should be such a simple task so I’m feeling a bit of a **** now!

Sponsored Links
The user manual does say ‘connect a plug to the supply cable’ blah blah. Pictures incoming.

It doesn’t come on to be able to set the clock - light doesn’t flash up

Attachments

• B3E9B9C9-EDCE-46E6-867C-9D5A5DECB848.jpeg
    B3E9B9C9-EDCE-46E6-867C-9D5A5DECB848.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 81
That's a lot longer than I would expect.
Cut them to length or fold them in two.

That won't make any difference to it not working, though.

I was imagining crimped ends on the wires.

Fuse ok?

I took the plug off of the old oven so I knew it was working (grill worked but oven didn’t) pic attached of what the wires looked like before (that’s from the job - haven’t started that til I get the app oven plug on!

With pic this time. Sorry

Attachments

• DAE3472E-F8D7-4EBB-A8DA-89AE2D4C8BC5.jpeg
    DAE3472E-F8D7-4EBB-A8DA-89AE2D4C8BC5.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 76
Okay finally did the sensible thing and put the oven in the living room, as you do. It works in other sockets. Gotta be a socket problem, but the old one worked...

Is it plausible to assume the hob needs to be wired in before you can use the oven socket? Seems far fetched but thought it worth asking

Yep. That was the issue. The plug socket was simply connected to the wired in socket. Connected both hob and oven - all working and I can start cooking in an hour.. lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back