new paint lifting old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I'm having an issue with a decorating job I wish I'd turned down. (last favour job I do)

In 1 if the rooms I'm repainting I've started finding that on 1 wall in particular as I run my roller over the prepared surface the old paint is lifting and wrapping itself around my roller creating a mess of what was a good flat wall. Other walls in this room have not had the same issue.

The wall in question is a boarded stud wall and I've found while scraping the paint back its jointed and filled rather than properly skimmed. Before I go too far with this and damage the plasterboard what is my best option?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the Plasterboarding has been sealed ( PVA) prior to painting, time to get out the Zinnsser or skim the plasterboard

Ok thanks. I was contemplating just lining that wall, but skimming could be a better option. Had it not have been pb I'd have taken it back to bare plaster but when only joints filled I'm more likely to tear the paper backing of the boards well b4 removing the paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back