New people moved in up the road, must think they are still in the city...

Funny, as walked passed at the weekend, and they had so many vehicles that one was parked beyond the gates. I doubt they will ever put gates on, I think they just want big gate posts to look posh.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Where I live the pineapple or acorn pillar topper is the only true sign of wealth and class. An 80k Range Rover parked in the front garden of a council house means nothing without those pineapples.

I predict lions. But could well be an acorn. Maybe I'll set up a sweepstake.

Pineapples are trivial

an-eagle-on-a-gate-post-in-townsend-lane-london-england-uk-BARCNA.jpg

6 punctures! I have no doubt it's been erm, 'dressed up' a little to add to their cause but it does come across a bit full on. They must really, really want them!
One thing I will say is that if you work in the building trades you get more of your fair share of punctures - a combination of stray bits of metal from the site (screws, nails, etc) and the sorts of areas you find yourself working in ("gentrification" often starts in the worst parts of any town, so broken bottles, spent needles, etc are not unknown)

County Council Highways has spoken. Reckon it will be refused - they don't sound happy about it!

"This would result in an unacceptable degree of hazard and risk"

and, something I didn't know ... "Any gates provided at a vehicular access must be ..... set back not less than 6 metres from the kerbside edge"

Mind you, their objection is about gates ... but I don't that was really the homeowners plan... the pillars seem to have been forgotten...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back