New plastic soil pipe underground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace the existing drains in plastic as doing a new extension and want to become independent from my neighbours drains so the whole run is being replaced in new.

I just wondered what you would do with this toilet outlet which i have exposed today in preparation. The ground floor toilet pan connector goes into the floor and it exits into the drive as you can see from here. I suppose i am going to have to redig in the little toilet to lay a new connection, but wondered if i should just core drill the wall and run the toilet into a new mini stack as there is a window above this outlet.

I also have a drain next to this soil pipe and this takes the kitchen waste pipe, the basin pipe from the toilet and the hopper drain pipe which takes the bath water from above.

Is there a better way to configure this soil pipe and the drain next door or just stick with what i have and do it in plastic ?

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
Personally, I would try and break out the existing soil pipe from the ground floor WC, and run a new section of plastic it through the hole you've now created. If that isnt an option, then run a new soil from the ground floor WC, through the wall, with an access bend, turn it so it goes under the drive and to the drain. Provide new bottle gulley for wastes as required.

The 1st floor bathroom wastes, it looks like there's just enough room to run those over the top of the window to the right of the door, and into the stack. Do away with that hopper altogether.

Thanks HJ.

I hadn't thought about taking the waste pipes over to the soil stack, but this might be a good idea as the drive often gets wet from the water coming down the pipe and spilling over the current older grate.

I think i can change the current soil pipe set up to be all plastic. Just a bit more work, but probably the best and simplest solution.

Sponsored Links
This is usually the type of job you only do once, probably better to spend a few extra £££ now, and ensure jobs a good un. It will probably outlast you and me then.

Hoppers are now banned unless as a direct replacement, as they've proved to be unsanitary affairs, spilling water everywhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back