New power shower not a drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Could someone give some advise on my new Essential power shower bought from B&Q which i have learnt might be a Mira..
Before i make myself look stupid by calling Essential(Mira) about the problem ill ask you all.
Myself and a friend fitted the shower,he being a plumber had to alter pipework which was then fitted to the top inlets of the shower there was already 3 amp power supply so power was connected..when turned on can here the power running through or the sound of the pump not sure.not a drop of water.Have taken stops from the other inlet and water is coming through,also taken off the filter which was not blocked..
What else can i check?????

Sponsored Links
well i don't rate he's plumbing skills if he don't know what to do next.

we don't know how you have connected the hot/cold to the cylinder or tank, or is their any isolation valves ?
try getting the water flow from the pipes before connecting to the shower
as if their is an airlock somewhere the pump won't shift it, as these pumps only pump not pull the water.

we don't know how you have connected the hot/cold to the cylinder or tank, or is their any isolation valves ?
as if their is an airlock somewhere the pump won't shift it, as these pumps only pump not pull the water.

Sorry im not much of a plumber and my friend was doing me a favour and in a hurry.This shower is replacing an old one so pipes and electric was already in place. we have checked water flow from pipes both hot and cold no problem,from what i can see from the the pressure no air locks.Live in a flat the tank is right next door to the shower.

Sorry im not much of a plumber and my friend was doing me a favour and in a hurry.This shower is replacing an old one so pipes and electric was already in place. we have checked water flow from pipes both hot and cold no problem,from what i can see from the the pressure no air locks.Live in a flat the tank is right next door to the shower.

isolation valves dont seem to work dont turn off

Sponsored Links
ave you read the instructoins on commissioning the shower if not done right can cause problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back