new programmer wiring

Call for CH goes into terminal 7 along with call for HW , term 7 is HW off (NC) which would be the reason for the permanent link across 3-7 :rolleyes: , seems to me the earth core into term 8 could be perm live? , can't really see what other purpose it is serving. :confused: , unless of course it is used to power the grey on a mid position valve. :eek: , OP needs to post what controls he has.

Rip it out and start again. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Call for CH goes into terminal 7 along with call for HW , term 7 is HW off (NC) which would be the reason for the permanent link across 3-7 :rolleyes: , seems to me the earth core into term 8 could be perm live? , can't really see what other purpose it is serving. :confused: , unless of course it is used to power the grey on a mid position valve. :eek: , OP needs to post what controls he has.

Rip it out and start again. :rolleyes:

You certainly confused me this time. :LOL:

3 is CH on.
6 is HW on.
7 is HW off.
8 is HW com.

normally you add a link L-5-8 for 240vac.
the link between 5-6 means there's permanent HW.

the link between 5-6 means there's permanent HW.

Only when programmer is set to 'HW ON' , with gravity HW/pumped heating term 8 would be boiler switched live (no linky across 5 and 8.

So what do you think the 2 extra wires in HW off (7) are for. ??

Sponsored Links
So what do you think the 2 extra wires in HW off (7) are for. ??

Haven't a clue as the OP doesn't say which controls he has , my guess being this was a gravity HW/pumped heating system that has been modified in some way , the only core exiting from term 7 on a G/P system would be linked to term 3 and power room stat/pump.

3 is CH on.
6 is HW on.
7 is HW off.
8 is HW com.

normally you add a link L-5-8 for 240vac. Right
the link between 5-6 means there's permanent HW. Wrong
It's very simple, if you look at the diagrams. :rolleyes: ;)

It is wired as in Basic System 1 or Basic System 2 (see pic) depending whether there is a room stat.

So will this config transfer to the rwb29 timer or do I need a different timer?
Ta

So will this config transfer to the rwb29 timer or do I need a different timer?
Working on it.

Terminal 7 (2nd from left)) of the ST699 has two black wires connected, which seem to go into separate cables. I would only expect one, going to the pump. Can you confirm where the two black wires go?

Can you also say if there is a room thermostat and a stat on the side of the HW cylinder?

The current arrangement allows you to have any combination of heating on/off and hot water on/off. The Siemens, if it's possible, will allow you to have hot water by itself in the summer but, in the winter you will have to have heating and hot water on at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back