New Rad In Bathroom Rusted Through In A Few Years

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Approx 5 or 6 years ago, I renewed a rad in a bathroom because the old one had rusted along the seam at the bottom. Now the one one has done the same and also started leaking. I realise it is the damp atmosphere in the bathroom, as all other rads are in excellent condition.

The rad that I fitted was only a cheap Screwfix one. Would a better quality branded one be more likely to resist rust better, or are all rads in bathrooms destined to suffer the same fate?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you can now purchase rads designed for bathrooms from stelrad. they have a different paint finish and have a 10 year warranty. about twice the price though!

We moved into our house 13 yeats ago and the radiator was already in the bathroom, still going strong.

Same as everything now, built to a price..

you can now purchase rads designed for bathrooms from stelrad. they have a different paint finish and have a 10 year warranty. about twice the price though!

Thanks just what I want. Maybe more expensive, but there's the cost and aggro of regularly changing cheap rads which makes them a false economy. Guaranteed for 10 years, but I bet it will last a lot longer. Shouldn't be too ruinous, as it's only a very small one. As the actress said to the bishop.

Approx 5 or 6 years ago, I renewed a rad in a bathroom because the old one had rusted along the seam at the bottom. Now the one one has done the same and also started leaking. I realise it is the damp atmosphere in the bathroom, as all other rads are in excellent condition.

The rad that I fitted was only a cheap Screwfix one. Would a better quality branded one be more likely to resist rust better, or are all rads in bathrooms destined to suffer the same fate?
Have you got inhibitor in the system? It might be corroding from the inside. Though without inhibitor there could be problems with other rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back