New Radiator advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I pulled out the old and fitted all new in my bathroom earlier this year.

I got a new rad too and reading from my invoce, I have an Eon 1800 x 375 Double Vertical Radiator fitted and its useless, very little heat from it and BTW, it wasn't that heavy either, its Aluminium as far as i can tell.

The old rad I had fitted threw out more heat, it was a double about 700/800 wide and about 600 high.

My heating system is working perfect, all other rads are working great and there is no air in this new rad, I bleed it often, just in case there is.

Can you advise on something better, the Rad pipes are roughly 460 to centers.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is it fitted the right way round? Must be flow in on the left, return out on the right.

Thanks, aye it is..... well as far as i know, Ive use the same plumber for years and his work is always perfect, How can I tell if it is fitted wrong? Thanks

The Rad is hot enough, even very warm to touch.

Last edited:
Have you the instructions ? Some vertical rads have a baffle fitted and the flow has to be from the correct side

Sponsored Links
So the rad is hot? Thought it was not warming up,what’s the output of it as your old rad was Around 1.5 kw

did you just tee into the other rads pipes ?

I'm not sure what the plumber did, I wasnt there at the time.

When the rad is off and I then turn on the heat to it, can I tell when the pipes warm up what one is flow and return?

I'm not sure what the plumber did, I wasnt there at the time.

When the rad is off and I then turn on the heat to it, can I tell when the pipes warm up what one is flow and return?
the flow is the one that heats up first, turn one of the valves off at the existing rad and see if the new on now heats up

the flow is the one that heats up first, turn one of the valves off at the existing rad and see if the new on now heats up

OK, I will try that, the new rad heats up OK but it dosen't warm the bathroom up as much as the old rad I first had in.

I was thinking its because this new one is Aluminium.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back