Your advise on radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

We will be installing some new rad's, the hallway requires btu out put of 14000

I can either put 1 rad 600+1800 with double convector btu 14000

Or I can have 2 rad 600+1800 600+1400 with single convector, I have room for 2.

My question to you all is, which one of the above will be better in terms of heat or if there’s any other benefits?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would think that 2 single rads would give slightly better heat (due to more air circulation - or maybe not). But others will perhaps be able to answer that question better.

But either way, is your hall big and wide, or is it small / narrow.

If its big, id use 2 singles. If its narrow or small, id use 1 double.

I mean, 2 rads on either side of a narrow hallway would be perhaps 'unasthetic'.

In fact, seeing as your using a double or 2 singles... its not likely to be a small room. ;)

I would use 2 singles, at opposite ends of the room. But its probably just your personal choice, provided there is no problem with routing pipes to both rads.

Hallway is big and wide for 2 rad's and it should circulate air more openly I think so I will go for 2 rad's.

I'm just thinking, how about putting 1 upstairs in the hallway?

Shall I do this? because generally speaking heat will rise up anyway.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably better to have both downstairs, becuase the heat rising will create the circulation.

I'd put them near the heat losses, ie doors and windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back