NEW RADIATOR IS COLD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new radiator fitted but it does not heat up at all and both pipes are also cold the rst of my radiators are working normally.

When the plumber fitted it he turned off the combi boiler and opened up both pipes from the old radiator, there was a small amount of water from the lockshield side and a lot of water from the TRV side. (should the boiler have been drained as well?)

I've tried the following;

Taken the top off the TRV and checked that the pin is moving up and down about 2-4 mm which it is.

Turned off all the other radiators to try and get the radiator going.

Turned the boiler up to maximum.

Bled all of the radiators in the house.

Nothings worked yet,any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ive turned the lockshield valve fully (anti clockwise) but the pipes and radiator are still cold?

Sponsored Links
Im waiting on the plumber returning.

I was just looking for any advice incase it was a simple issue I could sort to save him coming back.

Im waiting on the plumber returning.

I was just looking for any advice incase it was a simple issue I could sort to save him coming back.

It seems obvious that the new radiator has got some sort of foreign matter in it, causing a blockage, try moving it and see if you can blow through it or pour water through it

Do all the other radiators work OK?
Is this the same radiator you mention in your previous post?
My guess is you have a airlock in the return pipework!!!
Or to much ptfe on the tails and causing a blockage!!

FIXED

Plumber came back and opened up lockshield pipe..out came water and a lot of air!.

Working fine now.

Thanks to all who gave advice.

FIXED

Plumber came back and opened up lockshield pipe..out came water and a lot of air!.

The clue was here. "When the plumber fitted it he turned off the combi boiler and opened up both pipes from the old radiator, there was a small amount of water from the lockshield side and a lot of water from the TRV side". Obviously with the pump running. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back