New radiator, plastic polypipe and earthing query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone here can be kind enough to give me some advice/info on a query for a friend of mine.
He's planning to replace his old single panel radiator to a new double panel one. At the moment the two pipes going into the radiator comes up from the centre and goes outwards to the radiator valves with lots of exposed pipework. He would like to get rid of the majority of the exposed pipes and as plastic polypipe is flexible, he wants to know whether he can join plastic polypipe to just above where the copper pipes comes up from the solid floor and directly into the radiator valves. He realises that using the plastic pipe will break the continuity of existing metal pipes which is used for earth bonding. How would he go about reinstating the continuity?
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont really understand how the pipe layout will be different whether its plastic or copper. Plastic looks poor above ground, copper is much nicer looking done properly.

Regards the earthing, as i understand it, unless the boiler or radiator in question is in the bathoom then the bonding isnt required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back