New radio for old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
At long last I'm changing the Renault Master 2004 car radio/cd player for a cheap FM radio.
I've just pulled out the old radio, and the are lots of sockets/pins, compared with the new radio.

Here's two photos of the radios, showing the connections, now I need to know how to connect all of the original wires into the radio, to the much fewer new radio.
Any hints welcome
Cheers, Camerart.
New.jpg
OLD.jpg

Sponsored Links
Find out what is the correct adapter for your car.
Hi S,
I looked through the adaptors, but I didn't see any that connected the old red and the old yellow sockets.
It looks like I'm going to have to check each wire and solder it in the correct way.
C

Sponsored Links
Try Halford or similar.

It looks straightforward for an adaptor
Hi C,
Do you know what the red and the yellow sockets connect to?
I'l go to Halford and look, but the new raio, is a cheap Aliexpress one, so I doubt it will be known as a name. Does that cause a probem?

Anyway, two replies say the same, so it looks to me that the two other sockets mentioned are for a different 'thing'?
C

Not without looking at the wiring.

The radio looks standard fitting, it just needs an adaptor to the vehicle wiring.

Show it to Halfords or other car shop and they will find 1

Not without looking at the wiring.

The radio looks standard fitting, it just needs an adaptor to the vehicle wiring.

Show it to Halfords or other car shop and they will find 1
Hi C,
Ok, thanks.
I'll look at the sockets, and I can probably work out what goes where, and solder them correctly,. Listen for the bang :)
I keep mentioning the other 2x connectors, but so far nobody has mentioned them, so any ideas?
C.

I've given you advice.

Do as you want.

I'm not contributing any more. I'm out. Not out of ideas, just out of this

I've given you advice.

Do as you want.

I'm not contributing any more. I'm out. Not out of ideas, just out of this
Understood, thanks.
I just tried the Halfords website, and the phone-----Hopeless

Last edited:
Looking at the radio in the box; the top socket is for the speakers. I think you only have two speakers, so that appears to correspond to the white male socket in your other picture. I think you will have to get an aerial adaptor.
I don't really understand your photos, as apart from the aerial, the connections are the same, no?
If you have steering wheel controls and, a remote display that's probably what the 26 pin plug is for.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Looking at the radio in the box; the top socket is for the speakers. I think you only have two speakers, so that appears to correspond to the white male socket in your other picture. I think you will have to get an aerial adaptor.
I don't really understand your photos, as apart from the aerial, the connections are the same, no?
Hi,S,
The new radio has connection info, e,g, 12V, 0V, left Speaker etc, and I should be able to get a sound from the speakers with a little battery.
I'll let you know how I get on, but it's cold at the moment so I'm in the warm programming.
Cheers, C

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Have a search on Google for your existing radio, and compare the connections to your new one.

This may not be correct, but it was the first result that came up for the Renault Master...

Screenshot_20240108-101526_Chrome.jpg

As @Stivino says, you may only need an antenna adapter.

Have a search on Google for your existing radio, and compare the connections to your new one.

This may not be correct, but it was the first result that came up for the Renault Master...

View attachment 328377
As @Stivino says, you may only need an antenna adapter.
Hi R,
That's geat, thanks.
I see on the red connector are some connetions, that hopefully will be in the new 8 pin sockets.
I have the correct plug to solder onto the antenna coax.
Cheers, C.

Sponsored Links
Back