Car aerial radio adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello just bought a 2nd hand car 2008 Kia Picanto which had a broken aftermarket cd player fitted.

i ordered what i thought was an original radio from a breaker for the same car but the car antenna already in the car is different to the plug in the back of the radio.

Is there an adapter i can get that will connect them? pictures attached of the back of the new radio and the cars antenna

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_201447.jpg
    IMG_20211122_201447.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20211122_201504.jpg
    IMG_20211122_201504.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
@RandomGrinch has found the sort of thing I was looking for.

Kia use this odd type of aerial connection. I think the reference for the plug type is CT27AA131.

The closest I got with a quick Google search was this
CT radio kia.png

and then one of these

din iso back to back.png

But RG's solution is neater. Cheaper too.

For the sake of a tenner I wouldn't bother with trawling breakers to save a couple of quid. Life's too short for the time wasted and the risk that some ham-fisted monkey will have damaged it on removal.

@Lucid , I found that Amazon link as well, the problem is, that connector matches the socket on the radio - the one in the onbuy link fits into that socket.
It took a good deal of googling to find it :)

Sponsored Links
@RandomGrinch ah, right. So the cable I spied on Google was a "fit my aftermarket radio to a KIA wiring harness" adapter then. That makes more sense since the cable has a male ISO DIN (banana) plug which I thought was a bit odd.

I sort of understand why KIA and other brands use these crappy special connectors. Still, it's bloody frustrating. Look at all the DVD/Blu-ray home cinema kits with their bespoke plug ends for the speaker wires. It made life a pain for anyone trying to extend. Are KIA really that worries about dealers losing service revenue with radio swaps?

Anyway, good catch RD. +1 for DS again (y)

@RandomGrinch ah, right. So the cable I spied on Google was a "fit my aftermarket radio to a KIA wiring harness" adapter then. That makes more sense since the cable has a male ISO DIN (banana) plug which I thought was a bit odd
Yup! :)

Though a part of me wonders whether the OP's ISO DIN plug has been soldered to their antenna cable, or if the original connector is stuffed somewhere further up behind the centre console!

Still, it's bloody frustrating

I think I'd be tempted to get the soldering iron out! :)

Back