New rads still cold

FMC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my rads replaced and one of them isnt fully heating up ie the top is hot but the bottom isn't.I've bled the rad so there's not an air lock.Any ideas

Sponsored Links
"had my rads replaced" ?

That implies someone did it for you !

Since one hopes you would only employ a competent person to work for you so why are they unable to sort it out?

Complain to the Institute of Plumbing? Only available if they are properly qualified members though!

Dont pay them until they have got it working? That usually focusses the mind! If they are totally incompetent then they might have to call in an expert ( at their expense! ).

Who was this inadequate plumber??????

Tony

The guy has done a fine job otherwise ,it's just the one rad in the livingroom that doesn't fully heat up.And unfortunetly I paid him on the day he finished.He did a 10 hour shift to get the job done in 1 day.

Sponsored Links
Some Institute of Plumbing (now Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers) don't have any plumbing qualifications at all..........

You installer was probably plain lazy rather than ignorant. Sounds like the system needs Balancing, See FAQ section, or there may be an air lock restricting flow to thet rad.
Prove it works by closing some of the others and it should get hot OK, then do the balancing. Doing it roughly is usually adequate and takes say 15 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back