Cold rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a rad which has cold spot on one side and most of the bottom. Have bled and no air comes out, so what is causing the cold areas? It's one of the top rads in house so presumed it was air, but the bleed key is on the hot side so is it poss that it is indeed air but it's not finding its way out? It's a pressurised system.

Thx

Sponsored Links
Most likely sludge in your rad if its cold at the bottom in the middle, are any other of ur rads similar to this ? try balancing the system if not take the rad of and run a hosepipe through it, if still nothing try a powerflush.

It's a brand new rad and new system with new inhibitor, can't be sludge can it? It's so annoying as there are 2 more rads on the same level which work fine. I shut them off to test and it def made it hotter but it's not consistent, sometimes it's hotter than other times. TRV is on max but nothing. I did hear bubbling and keep bleeding but minimal air co,mes out, if not none. When air did come come out it seemed to get hotter in places but no where near even 50%!...?

Sponsored Links
Could be a balancing issue hence my first question.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/cold-rad.301433/#2201830#ixzz1f30ZKOga

Sorry didn't see your initial reply... yes water comes out immediately most times, only the odd time a bit of air, v minimal.

This is the rad in question (in case the unusual shape has any bearing?)
http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/...signer-Radiator-1500-x-350mm-White-HLW26.aspx

If I cracked open the TRV/lock shield to rad nut, would any trapped air be better released?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back