New Rads

If its the actual pipe between the E.vessel and the main pipe then only a few litres (expansion) will move back and forth as the system is heating up and down over a fairly long period so wouldn't expect to feel any or much difference in temperature.

Did you have to vent air again to get these rads heating, if not then perhaps restriction /blockage somewhere, you might increase the system pressure by 0.5bar, if its hot and reading say 1.7bar just now increase it to 2.2 bar and try rads on their own again, its very strange that a 8M pump will only pump through these affected rads only when on their own.
No need to add more air as the pressure rose to about 1.8 bar when heating was on.

The rads that are now working i added to the system of 15mm existing pipe work and each of the 5 rads has their own flow/return from the 15mm pipe work.

yes funny when all rads are off and one that dont work are turned on 1 by 1 the heat up then when i turn all rads on the ones that didnt work go back to not working??

Sponsored Links
I suggested increasing the pressure by 0.5 bar by adding water and not air, air is only used when precharging the E.vessel before filling, can you change pump setting to CP1 or CP2. Have you a link to that pump as I don't seem to be able to find one.

I suggested increasing the pressure by 0.5 bar by adding water and not air, air is only used when precharging the E.vessel before filling, can you change pump setting to CP1 or CP2. Have you a link to that pump as I don't seem to be able to find one.
What you mean a link?

Adding water how would I do that? If its done by adding water via the E.vessel this will only go to 1.2 bar when cold.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
To re cap
Are you still getting air from the rads?, if so. and the system does NOT need top up (with water) then either air ingress from outside or internal generation of hydrogen.

Can you run the pump for awhile on CP3 which is constant pressure at 6M.
1664821718363.png

To re cap
Are you still getting air from the rads?, if so. and the system does NOT need top up (with water) then either air ingress from outside or internal generation of hydrogen.

Can you run the pump for awhile on CP3 which is constant pressure at 6M.
View attachment 281425
No if I bleed rads no air water pour out right away once bleed screw is opened.

I can't see it being air ingress from outside possibly generation of hydrogen how do I solve that issue?

I will try this setting this week and update if that's ok?

Thanks for your help Johntheo5 really appreciate it.

No if I bleed rads no air water pour out right away once bleed screw is opened.

I can't see it being air ingress from outside possibly generation of hydrogen how do I solve that issue?

I will try this setting this week and update if that's ok?

Thanks for your help Johntheo5 really appreciate it.
OK, if you are now not getting any more air out, only water, then you were probably only getting rid of all/residual air after boiler + rad installation and if the pressure doesn't start rising then no worries re hydrogen either.
So, all the rads should really start warming up together or any combination of them so a bit puzzling why some of them return to not working.
It's a bungalow and I have a mix of micro bore rads and 15mm run from boiler for new rads some under floor piping anf some up and down from loft.
Maybe still some air trapped in the up and down piping that may eventually dissipate?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back