New reroof is this ok or not ?

nov

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just 2 weeks ago I had my roof done on end terraced house. Stripped back to the sarking boards refelt with light membrane counter batten and tiled with Marley Eternit concrete tiles.

Anyway now I seem to be noticing bad bits on the roof some tiles are not level at the edges the dry verge is not going in straight lines nor are the first row of tile that sit in the gutter even the ridge caps slightly raises at the ends .
vibrations at the eaves from the light membrane .
should heavy stuff not have been used here to stop it flapping about in the wind ?

I replaced my gutter last year am I made sure it was perfectly straight . So now the roof is on it just looks awful my gutters straight and the roof is not I am not happy with it :(

would like some opinions please on this roof job could this have been avoided By compensating for the level of the roof using different size battens etc surely there would be a way to get around this ?

I will get some pictures up soon

Sponsored Links
Eave trays should have been used.
The verges sounds like shoddy workmanship.
The rest need piccies.

sounds like bad workmanship to me but would need pics to be sure was it a local firm or someone reccomended to you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back