New Rockdoor.. Adjustments needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys about a month ago we had a rockdoor fitted with the 4 hook locking system.

It's a winkhaus lock mechanism...anyway the door rattles when the handle is lifted, and I shut the internal door behind it. If I push the door into the frame when locked it doesn't rattle, but when you press the handle to check the doors locked the door jumps back out of the frame slightly.

I have also noticed when the door hooks are engaged and the door is open the 4 hooks seem to move back 4-5mm when you press the handle down.. Is that normal.

I have checked the door and it seems level, the doors under warranty so will be getting the fitters back, but if I have some idea what they should be doing to fix it, they hopefully won't try to bodge a repair.

I have noticed that all the keeps seem to be set slight differently and and the bottom one is at a odd angle

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
sounds like it needs ' compression ' adjustment to me , hopefully rockdoor have adjustment on the hinges or lock plates to facilitate that.

I lost the plot with the door last night, so this morning i adjusted all the keeps to that they are in line.. t15 screws... and it seems to have fixed it, doesnt seem to rattle and if you push the door into the frame it now doesnt jump back... not great considering how much the bloody door cost and how they market themselves!

Basically you've done what the fitters should have! Good man, least you're sorted!

Sponsored Links
I was drawn to RockDoor when we was looking ot replace our old upvc front door and the fitter advised on DoorStop over RockDoor as he said he'd had problems previously with the fit/adjustment of RockDoor. Not sure how true it was but we had a DoorStop fitted, very impressed with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back