New roof feedback please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to the forum after some advice

Would you be happy with the finish on this roof?

Tiles don’t seem to fit correctly above the velux row 3 and a lot of the tiles don’t interlock as they should.

Scared of water getting under tiles and wind blowing them off.

Thanks in advance

Also neighbour mentioned should have at least 30mm gap from tiles to sides of velux. Looks like they go all the way to velux frame….would this cause extra kick

Attachments

• IMG_7580.png
    IMG_7580.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • 5908b1e6-3efe-489c-b45a-f1802512691c.jpeg
    5908b1e6-3efe-489c-b45a-f1802512691c.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7581.jpeg
    IMG_7581.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7582.jpeg
    IMG_7582.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
New to the forum after some advice

Would you be happy with the finish on this roof?

Tiles don’t seem to fit correctly above the velux row 3 and a lot of the tiles don’t interlock as they should.

Scared of water getting under tiles and wind blowing them off.

Thanks in advance

Also neighbour mentioned should have at least 30mm gap from tiles to sides of velux. Looks like they go all the way to velux frame….would this cause extra kick
Looks to me as though the fitter has allowed the roof tiles to ride on top of the gutter upstand, rather than cut and butted to it. This means that the tiles are kicking horribly, thus having a knock-on effect to those courses above the Velux.

Very poor fitting.

I hadn’t even looked at the tiles at the upstand. Agree they don’t look great I’m hoping everything doesn’t need to come off to be done again but not looking brilliant!

I hadn’t even looked at the tiles at the upstand. Agree they don’t look great I’m hoping everything doesn’t need to come off to be done again but not looking brilliant!
Everything starts with the bottom Velux tile. You need to get this one seated correctly, or else it has a knock-on effect to all those above it. We go to a lot of trouble trimming, grinding and faffing so that this first cut tile is seated as best it can be.

There may have also been a wee bit of sideways creep, regards the positioning of the tiles, as they course up between the Velux. However, i still maintain that its the awful care taken with the cut up to the gutter and the lack of care, causing the ridiculous kick.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back