New room stat - confirmation of wiring....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have looked through the forum to try and find an answer to my question, but I couldn't find what I needed, hence this post.

I would like to replace my old mechanical ACL TS142 room thermostat with a new digital Heatmiser DS1-L, but I would like confirmation on the wiring... I am almost there, but I would just like a second opinion or two.

ACL Wires are as follows as per diagram on inside of cover:
1 - Red = Live
2 - Load = Yellow
E - Earth = Yellow/Green
4 - Neutral - Blue

Heatmiser Wiring Diagram as follow:
L - Live
N - Neutral
A1 - Enable
A2 - Boiler

I think I am ok with the following (No earth required on this stat I assume)
Red (Live) = L
Blue (Neutral) = N
Yellow (Bolier) = A2

But I am unsure what should be happening with A1?

When I went to Heatmiser's website and checked the wiring diagram it says something extra "For 230v switching, you need to link from L to A1 and then connect your switch wire to A2", so does that mean I put a new wire from L to A1 and leave the Yellow wire on A2?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The A1 goes to Line see here the old ones wiring listed here

Note the PDF on Heatmiser refers to Live which really should be called Line. As does the other link.

The A1 and A2 terminals allow one to use this type on 24 volt circuits as well as 230 volt it does say in link I have given to connect A1 to Line when switching 230 volt.

So yes you are correct.

Thank you very much for your speedy reply :D

I thought I was ok, but didn't fancy shorting anything out.... I have read a few negative posts about what happens if the wiring is done incorrectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back