Heatmiser neoStat wifi boiler always firing

I thought I would post an update because I am fairly confident I have resolved the issue.

Searching for things like "neostat stuck relay" was not giving much in the way of an answer. Mulling it over for a while I considered why it was only happening downstairs and there was only one thing (in terms of electric components) that was unique to that - the Grundfos UPS2 pump.

Turns out there is a lot on google (and this forum) about this pump causing stuck relays due to a design flaw resulting in current spikes. The manufacturer subsequently released a "suppressor lead" which had never been fitted in my house.

I have now installed the lead and so far no issues. Thanks to everyone who helped me work through it here.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back