heatmiser neostat wifi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had an issue with the neostat switching on an immersion tank ?

My neostat is communicating through the wifi, but the unit is not able to switch the immersion on.

It is wired into a contactor which then goes out to the immersion spur. The contactor is working ok as the neon light on the spur comes on when you artificially trigger it.

i'm sending the neostat back and hope to get a replacement. Just wondered if there was any issue with these units.

Sponsored Links
The Heatmiser neoStat hw is not suitable for switching an immersion heater on. It is only rated at 3A MAX

Capture.JPG

An immersion heater is rated at 13A so the contacts have probably been destroyed as they will have been grossly overloaded. If you do get a replacement and use it, the same thing will happen again.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I know this and so you use a contactor between the two which we have done. HM say this is correct

Using a contactor is fine. Sorry, when I read that I assumed that by "contactor" you were referring to the switching contacts inside the Heatmiser. Often incorrect terms are used (eg immersion tank ;)) so, I thought that was the case with the contactor.

Was the wiring connected like this:

1. The mains supply from the spur went to Heatmiser terminals marked mains L & N
2. You linked together, mains terminal L and C
3. NO goes to the contactor coil live, and N to the contactor coil neutral
4. The live to the immersion heater is fed via the contactor er.... contacts

Did the Heatmiser display show Timer On?
Did the contactor operate?

Sponsored Links
I checked the wiring with HM and he said it was correct

The HM display was saying it should be working but it wasn’t switching.

We tested the contactor by taking a wire out of the stat and putting it in with another cable. This brought on the neon light on the immersion spur so the contactor is working.

I am sending it back and hope it is a faulty switch

Thanks, let us know what happens please. Then if someone else has the same issue and reads this post it may be useful for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back