Using 12V Heatmiser UH1 with Neostat-HW stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, Firstly I hope I have this question in the correct forum (electrics not heating). I have some confusion over the use of a neoSta-hw which states on the back input 85-230V, output volt free change over switch 230V-3A Max. I have a 12V UH1 controler and 7 neoStat 12Vs. The wiring of the 12V neostat side is fine and staight forward.

However on the neoStat side not sure how to proceed. I imagine the stat requires a 230 supply? where then does it connect to?. ie in the UH1? (there is a DHW connection and it is on the lower 230V side of the board or does it go directly out to the 230 valves?

The older PRT-HW 12V connect to the 12V side of Zone 1, the neostat-hw controller looks only to be 230V.

There is no problem with cabling of the HW side as it is at first fix (however all of the CAT5s are in and some plastered so the heating side is not changeable), just confused what goes where.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
The Neostat HW is really just a single challed controller & needs a 230v supply. The contacts of the neostat hw are "volt free", so it will depend on what you are switching with your neostat-HW.

Normally you'll be switching on the DHW valve, so you'll need to loop the live to the com on the contacts. The wiring diagram with the neostat HW are clear on that!

If you are turning on a lower-voltage set of logic, them you'll still need 230v so the Neostat HW works. Then you'll need to logically connect your lower voltage controls to the voltage free contacts (ie DO NOT connect 230v to the Comon connector of the ℅ contacts!!)

Thanks TTC, it makes sense now.

Looks to me like I have 2 options with HW
1. I take the output from the neostat @ (linked) 230V directly to the DHW valve
or
2. I take the output using the voltfree (unlinked) to B1 and B2 on the UH1 (diagram attached in UH1 Album).

Is that correct?

Do you know of any reason why it would be better going back through the 12V UH1 controller, I do have a wifi network ( noehub) that will control all devices CH and HW. Will this be effected on the HW side if I don't come back through the UH1?

Thanks again I appceciate your time.

I'm missing a trick here, or misundersatnding what you are trying to do? The diagram in your album shows a UH 1 with heating and DHW controlled by a PRTHW-M.

But you want to use a Neostat HW to control the HW.

When I have done that I have used the Neostat HW to control the DHW separately to the UH-1(/2/3/4)

I would suggest that's the better plan..but, as I say, maybe I don't understand what you want to do.

I do also keep looking back at the Heatmiser wiring diagram where it states

This product must only be installed by a qualified electrician

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back