New Separate Breaker for Garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one option

Not acceptable. Where did they intend connecting it without any fuse?

Another valid option.

They were written quotes so not discussed any further. Suffice to say there is no way in hell I am having 20m of 10mm SWA buried in the garden without being fused.

I also don’t believe the extra load on the house CU is a good idea. I’m going for the separate switched fused feed fed from an extra set of tails via a Henley block.

Sponsored Links
They were written quotes so not discussed any further. Suffice to say there is no way in hell I am having 20m of 10mm SWA buried in the garden without being fused.
Ok. Did anyone suggest that?

I also don’t believe the extra load on the house CU is a good idea.
You only have so much supply and the CU can cope with all of it.

I’m going for the separate switched fused feed fed from an extra set of tails via a Henley block.
Ok.
You have changed your mind.

I will run a 30 or 40 amp Cable from the house to the garage and then get a certified electrician to install a separate circuit breaker in the house and a new consumer unit in the garage from where the garage and studio lighting will be connected.
Could you perhaps have mentioned that to one of the electricians?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back