New shed/extension planning rules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a victorian house, and today knocked down the original shed, with a view to building a larger more useful new shed.

The old shed (2.3Mtr x 1.7Mtr) was separate from the outside toilet and coal shed, but I would like to join it to the toilet/coal shed, and make the new one 5Mtr x 2.3Mtr.

Can anyone guide me whether, I need planning permission, and what I have to comply with?

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
You basically want it to look like you are building a shed but are actually having an office or summat, no?

I think once a building is attached then a whole can of worms is opened.

You basically want it to look like you are building a shed but are actually having an office or summat, no?

I think once a building is attached then a whole can of worms is opened.

Correct, No!

I simply want to exit the house from the old outside toilet, into a shed, with junk and storage on a wet day. But is there's a big can of worms, I can have a gap.

Cheers, Camerart.

If you can have a gap then you will be bound only by outbuilding rules, so almost any size and a 2.5m max height. If it is attached then its an extension limited to 3 or 4m. Building regs will be much simpler if there is a gap too

Sponsored Links
If you can have a gap then you will be bound only by outbuilding rules, so almost any size and a 2.5m max height. If it is attached then its an extension limited to 3 or 4m. Building regs will be much simpler if there is a gap too

Thanks Nick,

I presume you mean 3 or 4Mtrs long?

Camerart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back