New Shed questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
we are going to be taking delivery of a 12x8 wooden shed to use as a gym/garden room. I have a number of questions that I hope those with more knowledge than me can assist with.

1) Have been advised to paint it with oil based barn paint. Where do I get this from/ the mainstream stores don't seem to sell it. How much would I need roughly?
2) I want to reinforce the floor - what are the options? plywood? OSB( what is this?)
3) I What can i use to insulate the walls a bit?

thinks that's about all for the mo,
cheers in advance
Rich

Sponsored Links
I'd also bin any felt they supply and roof it yourself. If they are erecting it for you, it will be a hash job with the cheapest felt, stapled and nail through all over the place...

If you have the money Masonry or Floor Paint is the best for the floor. It will last years! I have used this on my wooden shed. Paint both sides of the floor if you can. I use water based stuff on the walls but this is not good if the shed gets hit directly with rain when its raining. I did a google for oil based barn paint try that a lot of links came up.

Sponsored Links
As had been said its a good idea to leave a gap between the bottom of the shed floor and the ground. This allows airflow underneath which will help dry it out after rain. You can use small slabs for the support. Don't use wood for obvious reasons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back