New Shed Roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i have a few questions, I'm building a new shed thats 5.2m x 3.6m and am looking at what to do with the roof, I'm getting priced for a professional Felt job but a mate sugested using the corrugated Bitumen sheets onto of the roof boards.

i was looking at putting down 18mm OSB3 board onto of 6x4 at 400mm centres with either felt or the Bitumen sheet directly attached, would the Bitumen sheet be ok to use as iv not seen it before ?

also I'm finding that OSB is quite expensive, would it be possible to use 22mm chipboard flooring (water resistant type) as at the same side its still a good bit cheaper?

thanks in advance

Ian [/b]

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply, i want a decking to seal the roof as my old shed had corrugated metal and was not sealed and i was getting condensation problems in winter.

thanks for the reply though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back