New Shower Enclosure Leaking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Had a new shower cubical installed. But am having problems with it leaking where the door closes. Attached a pic of the shower. It was leaking from the hinge but a bead of clear silicone inside created a drip divert into the tray, happy days. But now it leaks at the bottom where the door closes. Looks like the magnetic strips don't line up, and cant work out how they should go.

On the upright a mag strip is fixed at 45 degree. On the door a removable strip also has a mag but seems to be at the wrong angle so they dont meet correctly.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
HI Haven't been here for a while as was doing my garage conversion (for about a year) this also meant installing a shower door similar to yours. What I would suggest (may not help, who knows)

Check to ensure you have the seal on the glass door the correct way around so the 'lip' and water run off is on the inside of the shower (sorry if thats obvious).

I had the same problem in that the door when I first installed was not plumb and the magnetic strip wasn't really lining up a 100%. I thought I would get away with it. But no lit leaked, I learnt my lesson and drill new holes to get the door real plumb. Get the spirit level on it horizontally and vertically, I expect it MAYBE out alittle. this COULD be the cause.

Look where the door hinges, there maybe adjustment for you to move the door up and down by loosing off the hignes and moving the door. But personally I tries this thinking I could cheat, but answer was no no. If the door isn't plumb then bite the bullet and re-hang it. You will find its perfect and worth the effort.

hope this is of some help..

Hi,

Thank you for the advice. I don't think there is anyway to change the door.

This is the shower
http://www.bathroomevolution.co.uk/V-series-rectangular-1000-pivot-door-shower-enclosure

The hinges are fixed into the enclosure, and there are clamps that go either side of the glass door.

But I had a close look and I can slide a bit of paper in the bottom edge of the door when closed as I move it up then it stops, so it is defiantly not closing right near the bottom where it seems to leak from.

Will have a closer look at the hinges at the weekend, the door is pretty heavy so will need to get some help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back