new shower pressure...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have gutted the en suite, put new everything in.

The shower that was there was a mixer, about a foot to the right of the on/off tempreture control was the flexi pipe connector, that connected to the head and sat up on a bracket.
I have binned that and put a similar mixer in aith a fixed head, concealed pipework.

Before tiling I checked for leaks, all ok. I have now tiled, grouted, sealed etc. I have not put the head on, just got to ptfe and screw it on.

Well tonight as I left, I quickly turned the shower on, and it dribbled out, just clearing the back wall...

I seem to have lost all pressure... I know the arm and head wasn't on, but would have expected more than that. There is no more pipework, just before it cane out of a flexi hosea, up the wall to the bracket to the head.

I can still get to the pipework if needed as the shower backs onto a fixed wardrobe in a bedroom that is boxed in.

What have I done here, and what can I do. The pressure before was pretty good, not great, but never a problem. I can't believe it......

Thanks in advance....

Bob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hmm yes, I will, been looking about the forum, and the water has been off, obviously, but the sink taps seem fine. I will have another look over the weekend.

Thanks

Is it possible your new shower head is designed for high pressure (mains/pumped)? Is it possible to remove the head from the feed pipe and test that water if flowing OK from the pipe?

Is it possible your new shower head is designed for high pressure (mains/pumped)? Is it possible to remove the head from the feed pipe and test that water if flowing OK from the pipe?

bobsp wrote

I have not put the head on, just got to ptfe and screw it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back