New shower room soundproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What it says. An odd large cupboard in the House of Pain is going to become an ensuite shower room (shower, sink, loo) for the main bedroom. Problem is there's only a half brick wall between it and another bedroom.

I've got 100mm to spare so will be putting a stud wall in the ensuite on the other bedroom side (on the side where the loo and shower are going) and already clocked Soundbloc board and stuff the cavity full of insulation batts from other posts on here. Is there any gain in not connecting the verticals in the stud wall to the halfbrick wall (thinking use 4 x 2s or 3 x 2s the wrong way round with a lot of noggins to stiffen them) to reduce sound coupling or will it be a load of faff for not much gain?

Sponsored Links
I would try and leave a gap if possible, just make sure if you are going to tile that the wall isn't too bouncy.
or you could use that sheet pvc. paneling for bathrooms.

I would try and leave a gap if possible, just make sure if you are going to tile that the wall isn't too bouncy.
or you could use that sheet pvc. paneling for bathrooms.
Ahhh, good thought on the PVC panelling- was contemplating ply to make the thing stiff enough for tiles but yon sparkleboard will work nicely. Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back