New shower will only work with shower head on floor

Sponsored Links
Where else can it go then? Cant go on the floor as there is no physical space for it and have been advised by you guys that it is not suitable in the loft. Or will the negative head be ok in the loft at 1m distance from CWT?

Noise issues when in use? Or all the time?

Thanks

Last edited:
Noise issue in use, it'll resonate on the shelf. As Dan mentions use something heavy to absorb the vibration

Can a pump run correctly in the loft - yes - all things being correct. Can it have issues, definitely, as it is not in an ideal location and will be susceptible to air locks and/or flow issues and needs to be installed and commissioned very precisely
  • You need a LP shower that will allow a suitable pressure drop in the pipework for the pump to activate
  • The pump must be at least 1m below the cold water storage cistern (CWSC)
  • keep the pipe run at 22mm right till the outlet, keep as short as possible and bends to a minimum
  • No pipework above the CWSC and as little pipework as possible above the pump
  • Dedicated feeds for both hot and cold, with the hot being via a flange to give an air free supply - If it's a free flow side tapping, an anti grav loop needs to be installed if pump is above the outlet.

Sponsored Links
Noise issue in use, it'll resonate on the shelf. As Dan mentions use something heavy to absorb the vibration

Can a pump run correctly in the loft - yes - all things being correct. Can it have issues, definitely, as it is not in an ideal location and will be susceptible to air locks and/or flow issues and needs to be installed and commissioned very precisely
  • You need a LP shower that will allow a suitable pressure drop in the pipework for the pump to activate
  • The pump must be at least 1m below the cold water storage cistern (CWSC)
  • keep the pipe run at 22mm right till the outlet, keep as short as possible and bends to a minimum
  • No pipework above the CWSC and as little pipework as possible above the pump
  • Dedicated feeds for both hot and cold, with the hot being via a flange to give an air free supply - If it's a free flow side tapping, an anti grav loop needs to be installed if pump is above the outlet.

Thanks for this, I believe everything on your list will be checked off when it is all moved shortly.

My shower is a 0.5bar min operation one. I do have a 0.1bar being delivered today but wasnt sure if I should swap them over or not. I have also ordered a 1.5bar twin negative head Stuart Turner monsoon pump. This pump has anti-vibration feet and I also ordered a Stuart Turner mat for it, and the new plumber mentioned about fitting it on a separate block of wood on top of the shelf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back