New Smart Thermostat Install, No Call to Heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have installed a Tado system to an Alpha boiler (Intec2 28XE)

I don't have any reported errors on the boiler or the Tado system itself, but the radiators are not turning on when trying to get the heating on in the system

This is clear from the display as there should be a radiator icon when radiators are calling for heat

I've attached a photo of the setup. The black cable is connected to CH COM on the Tado wireless receiver and the grey wire is attached to CH NO. I've not made use of any of the purple link cables

I've been doing a bit of reading up on this and I can see that the issue could be that the Alpha RF wireless receiver may be overriding the Tado. The receiver seems to be picking up signals, I've set all the outer tappets, set the maximum temperatures for both max and min. When the boiler understands that a change has been made, it acknowledges that as the light blinks.

I've saw that if I remove the batteries, and I press the button in the middle, it should also come on, but it hasn't.

I would have a bash at wiring the existing cables from the Alpha RF straight into the Tado itself, but I can't get the bloody clips off the device, and while I could cut it - I'm hesitant in case I f that up and have loose, unterminated wires

Thanks,

Attachments

• Alpha.jpg
    Alpha.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
I've been doing a bit of reading up on this and I can see that the issue could be that the Alpha RF
Yes, that's likely the problem.
The rear of the Alpha receiver, should look something like this...

1703804326244.png

In the above image, the wires connected into terminals 3 and 4, would need to be connected together, to 'link out' the receiver.
If you can post an image of the rear of yours, we can confirm.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Greatly appreciated

Would placing 3 and 4 into one of the wago's that come with the device be okay?

Thanks you saved me a couple hundred quid, much appreciated. DM me your paypal and I'll chuck some money over for a pint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back