New Soil Pipe Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My neigbours had major refurbishment works carried out to their property. Works included a new soil pipe connection to our shared sewer connection to which I am upstream of. Upon completion of the work, which has now been covered by new decking, I contacted my neigbour as I was experiencing a slow running w/c which is now occurring. My suspicion is that the new soil connection is not correct and is protruding into the existing sewer causing an occasional obstruction. My neigbour contacted his builder to come around and see me. He was very dismissive, he was not aware of what took place with the connection works saying my problem was nothing to do with him and suggested I get a w/c plunger.
I contacted the council who told me that no connection had been mentioned within the planning or Building control process. Time has now moved on and my neigbour has now sold the house to a new couple. This intermittent problem is still there, what do I do? I'm sure that the Water board are not aware of this new connection, should I be contacting them?? Are the existing owners responsible at all for this problem or is it hard luck for the new owners?
Thanks for any help in advance...

Sponsored Links
If they connected into a shared section contact the Water Board, they should cctv it to see what’s going on.

The waer company owns the drains and is responsible for them functioning properly and giving permission for any connections to them.

Sponsored Links
As Woody- you are responsible for your pipework until it becomes shared- the shared parts are down to the water board.
Your slow running wc may just be an air pressure problem - do you have a stack pipe or aav on the loo branch? Do you have any gullies or other items draining into this section, if so are you getting surcharging when you run a hosepipe at them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back