new Soil pipe - parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to buy all the parts I will need to install a new soil pipe (external) for my house.
It will run from the vent at the roof top straight down the house - connected to the upstairs bathroom and down to the sewer channel out to the man hole cover.

i am planning on buying all the pipes/connectors from screwfix but dont want to forget any. Could anyone assist in letting me know what i will need for this job?

Is it possible to also feed the bath and sink water into the same pipe or is that against regulations?

Sponsored Links
What you’re proposing comes under Bulding Regulations; you will need to get the new stack & foul drain inspected, tested & certified compliant by your local council Building Control; they will charge a fee. From the questions you’re asking, I would advise you either do a lot more research or get it done professionally!

a plumber can cert your soil pipe and do a pressure test on it.
it takes less than 1/2 hour pressure test fill in paperwork.
we do them for new extensions, new builds.

a plumber can cert your soil pipe and do a pressure test on it.
it takes less than 1/2 hour pressure test fill in paperwork.
we do them for new extensions, new builds.
I thought BC had to inspect the trench & witness a leakage test before backfilling regardless of who does the work? A friend of mine is a long established developer who does nothing but new builds & BC always insist on inspecting the foul drain runs & leakage test before he back fills!

Sponsored Links
yes sorry do agree on inspecting the drain runs before back filling.
but the pressure test's i've done before or after they have seen the drain and then just filled in the form.

yes sorry do agree on inspecting the drain runs before back filling.
but the pressure test's i've done before or after they have seen the drain and then just filled in the form.
Had me wondering for a minute there! OP is doing a new foul drain run & stack so inspection WILL apply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back