New Speedfit pipe blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a long length of John Guest Speedfit BPEX pipe only to find that it is completely blocked. I can't blow down it at all, another length similarly installed is OK.

I've checked the length of pipe - approx 20m - which takes a circuitous route around the loft (through joists etc) and it is completely free of sharp bends, kinks etc and all looks OK from the outside.

Has anybody else ever known of plastic plumbing pipe to be blocked on installation like this?

I assume it's a manafacturing fault which is a little worrying - is it too thin somewhere else and going to rupture??

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there is not a chunk of fibreglass/loft insulation jammed in it somewhere? Never heard of a defective length of plastic pipe but I suppose it's possible :confused:

Sam

Sponsored Links
No bung on the end!!

This is a total blockage - not even a tiny bit of air will leak through.

I guess I'll have to try and find where the blockage is, cut it out and re-join. But the whole idea of the long length was to avoid joins in hard to get at places.

I'll let you know what I find....

Sounds like someones been having a huge 'joke' here - and you are the unlucky recipient

Can the poster say why he thinks it is a joke?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back