New stove install

You may or may not get a "better" price on the stove buying it independently.

However:

The installer will it be liable for any product faults, that would be down to the retailer. If the retailer is an "online shop", then, good luck with that. They will generally (and possibly illegally) refer you to the manufacturers, and they (manf) all have different policies regarding attending to alleged product faults.

Secondly, the installer may have quoted a specific installation price on the assumption you were purchasing his product. Not all shops will fit products bought elsewhere.I had a gas fire shop, and we strictly only fitted our own sales. You would not go to a Magnet kitchen showroom, and ask them to fit a kitchen from the 'net. But it is for you to ask.

Sponsored Links
Here's knock thru for double sided a meter right is chimney can put flue in chimney customers too low so chimney needs cutting further up to allow bend and flow. Maybe better straight up with twin ?
OK I've read that a couple of times now and can't make head nor tail of what you're trying to say... can you have another go?

Muggle is right I'm afraid SZ, you're posts aren't very clear, and I was hoping the pictures would be more imformative, but they're not. I hope you don't think me rude, but what nationality are you.

Your first picture shows a hole in the wall between two rooms, and the second picture shows a flue, but there's no connection between the two. You tell us that the stove flue has to bend, but you haven't shown us where the chimney is.

He's looking to fit the stove in that little alcove between the rooms so its accessible from the Kitchen & Lounge, but the chimney is about a 1mtr away to the side of the little alcove. So to me he has to build a false chimney alcove with twin wall coming off the stove to the chimney stack with flexi flue upto roof. If that makes sense.

Sponsored Links
You've missed your calling Mike, should have beceome a detective. Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

Twin wall isn't required in the living room, only through flamable materials, so he can go up into the flexi lining, but there are rules as to how long the bend can be in relation to the length of the flue.

Mike is bang on, the stove will be in that space and chimney is a meter to side, to go into the chimney it would need building work to take brick out then cut the clay higher up to connect the flue, so Mike think you are saying it would be too much work to do it that way so better false chimney twin flue straight up thru roof, incidentally there is a clean run straight up to the roof, its just a shame l cant use the chimney in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back