Votes: 15 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
joe-90 said:
Nearly everyone has a hobby - so that's 160,000.

The original suggestion was for a forum on poetry, music and other 'arty' stuff and, for what it's worth, I voted in favour. Although there's an overlap, hobbies and interests are really a different subject, deserving of their own forum. :idea: :idea: :idea:

I think that is my fault SC, I did perhaps mislead by the title, and yes I do know that to mention the word poetry was not a good choice...Joes original post stated:

'What I had in mind was a sort of 'humanities' forum where we could write and discuss stuff like poetry, song writing, guitar playing, painting and drawing, literature, theatre etc.'

this has a much broader spectrum, and can include things like photography, all hobbies etc. The basic idea is that GD is avoided like the plague by most people ...how often do you see someone new make a post and then disappear as quickly as they came....GD will still be there it changes nothing...we are not invading anyone's space...but this will be a place where ridicule and insults just would not be acceptable.
As I said earlier ... why would anyone want to spoil it .
There are lots of topics on here that I have never even visited .... I only look at topics of interest to me personally and this will be just the same, if you aren't interested.... don't look...simples !!

Just to add in support of Joe ...yes it would be much nicer as a hobbies topic in its own right and kept away from GD

Sponsored Links
I reckon the best way to proceed would be to combine DIY Disasters ( a disaster of a forum) with DIY Projects - and put our Hobbies/interests and humanities forum in its place. It would then attract interest from all of the forums instead of being hidden away in the aggressive GD,

This could be a n introduction.

"Welcome to our new forum. It's a place to share your interests and explore ideas with like-minded people. Hobbies, humanities, book/film/theatre reviews, music etc - we want to hear about it."

Who agrees?

The best slot for the new forum "Hobbies and Interests" would be just above GD. It would prove far more popular than GD. Everyone has hobbies (unless they are brain dead and boring).
If just 10% of forumites used it then it would be buzzing. Unlike GD where only 1% use it.

Good idea Joe.....
If you combinethe maybe with the yes vote perhaps it gives it the edge.....

We are now in the hands of Admin....thanks to all who took the time to vote.....have a great weekend everyone.

Sponsored Links
I have received a couple of requests regarding a poetry, music, film and books type subsection for the general discussion forum.

Is this something that would be of interest to you? If so please let me know - comments and votes welcome ;)
I think we would need a wider audience voting on this by getting the message across the board because most of the forum members never read the GD but may have an interest in this.

Yes of course this is true. It's not a forum for the dullards in GD - it's a forum for anyone that has a hobby - no matter how daft. I was a trainspotter as a kid and like train subjects. The scope for a new forum in the slot occupied by "Your Projects" would be hugely popular.

I think we would need a wider audience voting on this by getting the message across the board because most of the forum members never read the GD but may have an interest in this.

That's a good point masona .....maybe they will take that into account when deciding whether to proceed with it.

I think they've forgotten about it. Besides, that's what I've been saying for weeks.

I reckon the best way to proceed would be to combine DIY Disasters ( a disaster of a forum) with DIY Projects - and put our Hobbies/interests and humanities forum in its place. It would then attract interest from all of the forums instead of being hidden away in the aggressive GD,

This could be a n introduction.

"Welcome to our new forum. It's a place to share your interests and explore ideas with like-minded people. Hobbies, humanities, book/film/theatre reviews, music etc - we want to hear about it."

Who agrees?
I would like to add, I would be very interested in Hints and Tips, how many time we spent money on products that doesn't works. Example, my wife is a curtains maker and if you split blood on the fabric, there's only way one of cleaning it, I was shocked how simple and effective the blood was removed from the fabric!

Well if it happens....... hopefully it will just be a friendly sensible place where we can chat about anything....we can live in hope ;)

Come on Admin - is it a yea or a nay? :confused:

Admin stick a yes down for me
I would have voted yes on the poll but could not see how to
(this may have been drink related ;) )

it could be a "hobbies" area of the forum then sub-divided again

Matt

Sponsored Links
Back