New system install......latest recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't fitted an alarm system for years, And now My mate wants one fitting in his house, I used to use ADE ACCENTA panels and Medusa PIR's..... and Novaguard bell boxes......Im looking at using the same for the new install at my mates, But i need to use some shockguards on a couple of windows. I cant remeber what make we used to use, but what do you chaps recommend for a good reliable shock guard.

Sponsored Links
Viper are the best known name but Gard Tech are cheaper. Try Security Warehouse. He seems a decent bloke.

Thats the one..............Viper, Thanks for that!!!

I would recommend Gardtec for everything on a small domestic install. The Shockgards are great vibration sensors, and the Garscan PIRs are better than the Medusa. Have a look at the CP8L panel. Neat little LCD keypad for not much more than an Accenta. The Novagard is also a good choice ;)

Most of that is available from Sec Warehouse as above.

Sponsored Links
The reason in going for a shock guard on the windows, is that there is a dog in the house, and it will be confined to one room whilst the alarm is amred and therefore i dont want to use a PIR...............I havnt much experience with the pet friendly PIR's, and any we did do wernt very good, but as i said it was a long time ago and they may have improved :rolleyes:

The reason in going for a shock guard on the windows, is that there is a dog in the house, and it will be confined to one room whilst the alarm is amred and therefore i dont want to use a PIR...............I havnt much experience with the pet friendly PIR's, and any we did do wernt very good, but as i said it was a long time ago and they may have improved :rolleyes:

its only personal preference but I would go with pet sensors over impacts every time - if the impacts going to work its also going to false alarm IMO

just to add my 2p
Sorry but i dont agree, id always fit perimeter protection over space protection in this circumstance. Yes you may get nuisance trips from birds flying into the window, hail etc but you will get an alarm BEFORE the break in occurs not after (ie afetr they have opened the window and climed in and walked around)

Vibros need to be set up correctly and dont expect them to cover to much of on area else you will have to set them up very sensitive.

But in summary go for vibros (vipers) over pet tolerant sensors if you have normal trap protection elsewhere. I wouldnt say go for 100% perimter you need a balance but in this case perimeter seems ideal.

you`ll either get false alarms that defeat the whole point of having the system in the first place or you`ll get no alarm when the break in occurs and HOW are you going to tell why the device activated ?

either way its too unstable to put our company name too

this isnt a confirmed system you know LOL

More rubbish from Sus 9. Vipers are frequency responsive. They activate on the range of vibrations associated with a break-in. Been using them for 20 years - no trouble whatsoever.

More rubbish from Sus 9. Vipers are frequency responsive. They activate on the range of vibrations associated with a break-in. Been using them for 20 years - no trouble whatsoever.
DITTO

Even the old Inertias were no problem and always worked IF installed and tested correctly

Care to explain the difference in frequency between a break in and hail ?

(i`ll give you a clue - there isnt)

You cannot say an impact will detect,and its easy to defeat it really is as simple as that, so you need to back up the impact with a detector.

In our neck of the woods there's a name for people who make up work and boost the cost of a job.........

id agree that vibros can false alarm (ie the cause not known) as they will go off before the breakin. But movement sensors can and do false alarm.

Like i said its a preference of mine would be to use vibros over pet tolerant, not over movement sensors in a non pet environment.

I know its not a confirmed alarm my point was made cos of the op not wanting a pet tolerant sensor in one room. Id also say that some rooms, ie very small kitchens are unsuitable for pet tolerants anyway as they may not activate on a genuine do to the sensor not seeing enough movement.

Just my own personal view thats all.

Care to explain the difference in frequency between a break in and hail ?

(i`ll give you a clue - there isnt)

You cannot say an impact will detect,and its easy to defeat it really is as simple as that, so you need to back up the impact with a detector.

In our neck of the woods there's a name for people who make up work and boost the cost of a job.........

Glass breaks at a different frequency than when hit by hail. If they didn't do the job they wouldn't be around 20 years down the line. Worra clown you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back