Wireless expander question

Buy a Visonic kit then.
Comes virtually ready out of the box, a few tweaks and its up and running.
By the time you have bought expanders and detectors it will be just as cost effective and it also calls you.
Lets you know when your children come in and out.
A nice bit of kit, and if you need can be expanded and even be used as a Police dialing system if fitted correctly and supported by a local company.
Just keep all the receipts and boxes.

Sponsored Links
My house is alarmed with a standard accenta 6 zone panel and mainly medusa PIR's, but I would like to connect the outside shed to the system which is some distance away from the house, I have read about wireless expanders on this forum, but dont understand what they can be used for, are they used to connect a remote passive/contact to a hard wired system wirelessley and if so what do they consist of ?

I have a Nova 4 receiver connected to my alarm with wireless contact on my shed door very easy to install & program see link

http://www.riscogroup.com/Products.aspx?proid=72

I currently have it wired in on the tamper circuit, so it triggers internal sounders only when we are in the house & when house is empty & alarm is set it will cause full alarm condition sounding the external bell

NOva 4 looks the business for my simpleton knowledge, I presume i would need the reciever and a transmitter, Is that all id need to connect it to a zone on my humble accnenta 6 zone panel....ONCE again guys I most appreciated your sharing your skills with a mere mortal ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back