New tap fittd to bathroom sink rushing noise when first open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced a faulty basin tap in the bathroom with an identical tap. This is not a cheap tap, cost over £100. On fitting the new tap there is a loud rushing sound when first turning on which disapears when opening wide. I have made no changes to the pipe work. The old tap did not suffer from this problem. I replaced it because it leaked. Can anyone give me some idea as to the problem?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes when a tap opens with a sudden rush of water that quickly settles down, this can indicate a stoptap or valve somewhere that is not fully open.

Check all isolating valves under sink and stop taps, inc. external one, to see if they're all open.

Whitespirit66: All valves fully open. The noise only comes on when the tap is initially opened. As soon as I open up the tap fully, it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back