New Thermo Rad valves won't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two new Rad Valves which aren't regulating the temperature so the Rads are piping hot. When I took them off I noticed that the little plastic pin ( on the valve ) that makes contact with the head on the valve body is moving freely! so can't compress. Is there a way to fix this or will I have to send them back to wickes again??

Sponsored Links
say what make they are

attach a pic if you can

have you got the manufacturers instructions?

HI

i have had troubles with wickes TRVs before.try different make HEAD .it should fit on the existing valve

160017-ab0-00co_medium.jpg
[/img]

These are the valves. Got them through Wickes but I believe they're supplied by a company called Quinn.

Followed the instructions but to no avail

Sponsored Links
snowbound....whats ur expectations of a trv ?

they dont reduce the temp of the water entering the rad...they react to air temp in the room...rads will go on and off (depending on temp selected) but when its open the water will be "piping" hot

but if you screw them down to the "*" setting they should stay closed unless the room is about 5C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back