New thermostatic shower not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As i stated in another post, we've just had a new bathroom in the loft installed. We've got plenty of hot water to the sink, and there seems to be enough pressure as the shower is running nicely, but the thermostatic shower will only get tepid even at the fullest setting. I'm guessing this means its been incorrectly installed but not knowing much about plumbing I just wanted to check before I go mad with the plumber and insist he comes back. Can anyone shed some light please?

I should add that we have a practically new Worcester Bosch combi boiler, and the thermostatic shower on the floor below works perfectly. The new install is on the 2nd floor. Our mains pressure is relatively low as 10 l/s.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried adjusting the Thermostatic Cartridge? They have a pre-set Max temp usually to 38C. But you may find that this was incorrectly set which means even on the dial for the max "Hot" setting it will not allow it to get warm enough.

If you check the manual, or look online for your make/model you can find how to adjust it. Ours you take the cap off at the front then use an Allen key to adjust the Max Temp setting.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Sponsored Links
I don't think so, I think it's just the angle of the photo, but will check.

If it's just been fitted (the shower, not the loo) get the plumber back. He should have left in proper working order.

The shower should have been commissioned as per the instructions, which can involve - as previously said - fiddling with the cartridge. These things are not just fit-and-forget.

BTW; 10 l/s is the flow rate, not the pressure. ;)

If it's just been fitted (the shower, not the loo) get the plumber back. He should have left in proper working order.

The shower should have been commissioned as per the instructions, which can involve - as previously said - fiddling with the cartridge. These things are not just fit-and-forget.

BTW; 10 l/s is the flow rate, not the pressure. ;)

Always amazes me that someone would fit a new item and not test it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back