NEW TIMER NEEDED - NO LAUGHING PLEASE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My HW/CH timer has finally given up the ghost after numerous years of dedicated service.

The reason I said 'Don't Laugh' is that, as you can see from the image, the timer is somewhat antiquated.

My questions are this:

(a) Any suggestions for a replacement please? I don't need anything fancy - just something which will do what this one did.

(b) Will the replacement be easy enough to wire into the connection centre (I am relatively competent at DIY) or will I need my engineer to call?

(c) If I need the engineer, is it best to leave him to supply and fit or should I go ahead and buy the new unit and then let him fit it.

Thanks as always.

B

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Thanks pallen5000,

Will take a look at that.

B

As you can see they are still available because they are liked by elderly people who don't find digital controls easy to use.

However, they are old technology and for example don't have back up batteries to keep the time if there is a power cut.

So if you must you can get another and just fit it. I still have a new one which I will put on Ebay sometime.

But a modern digital one might be cheaper and will have better facilities.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony.

Having now looked at the prices of these mechanical units (the Danfoss) I may well be better buying a more modern unit as you suggest.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

B

Almost any 2channel programmer will be ok. Honeywell or ACL, but all will require a rewire of the backplate.

Thanks Pete.

Think it's time to call the engineer out. The boiler will need its yearly service in December so may as well get it done early and kill 2 birds etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back