New Topic in word games

S

Susiejb

Some time ago Joe posted a topic' do we need another forum'....maybe one where we can discuss things without the constant bickering and fighting that invades the posts so often on here.
I am going to post a poem in the 'Word Games' section, if you are not interested then don't read it, but please don't destroy it by ridiculing it.
I thought that maybe..as Joe said, we could just mention music that we enjoy with a link to you tube, or just a book that we have read and enjoyed.
There are 162.000 registered users on here, just maybe there is someone out there who appreciates more than a regular slanging match...we will see.
susie.

Sponsored Links
I remember that thread. I even made a rather half-hearted effort to join in, though I know next to nothing about poetry, but then certain individuals turned it into a Joe bashing exercise and it fizzled out - which was sad because I thought Joe's poems were rather good. (They were certainly better than my rather puerile offering, though that's not saying very much.) Maybe a DIY forum just isn't the place for serious literary discussion. :( :( :(

Nice to see you SC :)
I wasn't suggesting deep literary critique, just a sharing of books ... music ...films etc and keeping them all in one place.... but avoiding the digression that seems to constantly happen on the forum of late....where threads degenerate into pointless name calling and subsequently disappear.
It was just a thought...that's all :)

Following this line of thought about constant bickering, would it not be possible to have a fourth box, where it says "QUOTE" "IGNORE" & "THANKS" a box that says "TIME OUT" & when say ten people hit the button the poster is blocked from posting for 24hrs.

Sponsored Links
but avoiding the digression that seems to constantly happen on the forum of late....where threads degenerate into pointless name calling and subsequently disappear.
Some threads disappear though they don't include the usual bickering. It seems as though some subjects of discussion are now forbidden on here, which I find annoying. :evil:

Back