New Underfloor Heating Company (Scotland)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm currently starting a new UFH business in Scotland and was looking for some insight from locals on there experiences with
other underfloor heating companties (Installers And DIY enthusiasts) in Scotland more specifically.

• What services or products are lacking/what you would like to see more of within the UFH niche in Scotland?
  • How is the quality of the products and services in general?
  • What do/did you have most trouble with in terms of Underfloor heating (Delivery, Products, Installtion)
  • Would would have improved your experience as a first time installer of UFH?
  • Are there any specifics to Scotland a new company coming into this area would need to take into consideration? Is Outdoor weather compensation still used? How big are ASHP in Scotland?

Any help would be greatly appeicated :)

Thank You

Sponsored Links
ASHP is virtually non existent north of the border, there are some, but few, however that will be set to change in new builds at least over the next 5 years with gas boilers being phased out in new builds.

I don't do installs, but from all the UFH systems I've ever came across the end users issues seem to mostly be with the UFH having never been set up right to begin with and then time after time getting different engineers to look and "tinker about" with it.

So if your starting a business out it then offering some form of onsite training/commissioning of the products would probably go a fair way to getting more business in.

Also as far as products go, having some electronic mixers that work with the more advanced controls like vaillants would be good for the sector, as well as more UFH overlay kits that fit over the floor boards without the need for screeding would probably peak interest out of those who may not know that they are an option.

Just a few Ideas, Im far from an expert in this area

Decent manifolds would be a good start - speak to IMI about their brilliant self-balancing ones

I never knew they did self balancing UFH gear aswell, thats nice, I'm getting some of the eclipse TRVs soon for my own place, brilliant gear, the more companys promote gear like this the better the installs would hopefully perform

Sponsored Links
I never knew they did self balancing UFH gear aswell, thats nice, I'm getting some of the eclipse TRVs soon for my own place, brilliant gear, the more companys promote gear like this the better the installs would hopefully perform
Recent development, but it's exactly the same tech as the Eclipse TRVs. Finally we have a manifold that stays balanced regardless of what the individual circuits are doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back