New UPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new upvc door fitted but noticed water on the inside at the top of the frame where its been sealed to the the brick with sealent,looked on the outside and there is a gap between frame and lintel and wanted to know what gap was regarded as acceptable and should it be sealed if so what with as ide rather do myself .

regards

Sponsored Links
Shouldnt be any gaps, any thing too big to seal with silicone should have some pvc trim slid into the gap and sealed with a smaller bead of silicone, but without a pic its difficult to say apart from there should be no gaps

I would get them back should not be any gaps.I prefer to put a good line of sealer and then super glue a piece of trim ontop to cover the sealer are you sure they haven't done this most fitters cover all silicone now and it can look unsealed.

Sponsored Links
small gaps i just silicone seal,bigger gaps i fill with foam,allow to cure,cut flush and then put the trim on using silicone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back