New Vaillant Boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler installed a ecotec plus 630 2 months ago and this morning it stopped working. Error was the water pressure was low. I added more water and all is fine now.

I did notice it losing pressure soon after it was installed and every week i was topping it up, but since last 3 weeks i didnt and it seems to have lost all the water from radiators.

I am not able to find any leaks anywhere, i also have a cylinder installed too so would there be an issue from there?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
why not get the install to have a look.sounds like a good size leak have you pipework under on in the floor ?.

no no pipework was done other than replace old boiler and install a cylinder and do new piping for that.

i will call them in to check on it although i have looked everywhere and cant see any leaks unless its on the ground floor under floorboards.

no no pipework was done other than replace old boiler and install a cylinder and do new piping for that.

i will call them in to check on it although i have looked everywhere and cant see any leaks unless its on the ground floor under floorboards.

Get them floorboards up and check.

Sponsored Links
I also have a cylinder installed too so would there be an issue from there?
It's rare, but it has been known for a leak to occur inside the cylinder between the primary & secondary circuits. You don't say what sort of cylinder, (vented or unvented) but I'm not sure how you could check for this other than isolate it from the boiler and see if the pressure still drops.

If the pipe system was existing and it was previously had a header tank, if now you have a system boiler with a higher pressure it may have started it leaking from a weak point under the floor somewhere. When you get it fixed don't forget to add more corrosion inhibitor as you are diluting it every time you introduce fresh water.

OK i need some advice on this again, exactly after 2 weeks 2 days the heating didnt start in morning on timer, went to the garage to check on boiler and it seems presser was less than 0.4 bar hence it didnt start. I had it up 3 bar before.

Before this i had a system boiler with a heating tank never had this issue, it was a potterton suprima 100l.

i now have vaillant ecotek with unvented unistor. How would i isolate this, if i were to turn off heating hot water would that kind of be isolated?

I heard about adding some leak proof liquid? which one should i use and how do i add into the system. The number of times i have had to add fresh water i am sure all i have now is just fresh water in there.

I can not find any leaks anywhere unless its on the ground floor, if it were on the top floors by now i would have seen water leakage somewhere on ceiling.

edit: finally found the leak, it was in the kitchen in ceiling where the pipes run, did not notice it earlier as it has an insulation cover on it which is very wet hence no drips. Thought id take off the plaster board which were screwed to check on it.

Need to get a plumber now.. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back