New Vaillant Boiler - no working pressure!!

Blue moon - thanks.. The bloody pipes from my meter is 22 but then goes under my floorboards which are laid over chipboard so-kkd have to rip my floor up.. I can see though that it's still 22 and goes to the hob so -km assuming it's a straight run off 22 but obviously if it has a nail in it I can't see! My hob works fine though but I don't know how much pressure a hob needs. I'm guessing not as much as a boiler. I have heard the plumber talk aabout the pipes below and that elbows make the run longer but as I said the pipes are hidden under my floor. And worst bit is pipe from hob to boier is under my kitchen floor which is tiled.. Just a disaster!! So I may have to take that floor up which is only one year old. There's too many ifs and buts with all this.. And to make the wrong move will cost me a fortune. I wish my dad was here!!

Sponsored Links
If you're genuine (there's a troll on here at the minute, starting stupid threads) then the obvious thing to think about is running a new pipe externally.

Promise I'm genuine.. Woman that knows nothing of boiler and never been on a forum before. Just at my wits end. It's cold and had no hot water for a week! What's a troll?

Find somewhere convenient to get under the floor, and get on with it.

Usually the front door has a nice trap door in/around it.

Avoid under staircases, especially if a house is 1930's.... They tend to build a wall around it to support the weight, and you're essentially climbing into a box.

Sponsored Links
I'm not treading on toes blue moon, but if it is under gassed you would have a working pressure of something as it hits zero it is a blockage simples, the pipe mihght be undersized yes but it will reg something if not blocked!

Blue moon. From what I remember yes.. There's a 22 at gas meter then it disapears under two rooms and I can't ell what size and then it appears at 22 at the hob. So today the plumber split this at the hob and put 22 to boiler and the pressure still dropped to zero. Anywa tomorrow they are testing one inch inside the house I'll just be gutted if I have to buy more bloody coPper for the thing still not to work!

Point taken Jordon, and presumably true aswell...

I had an ISAR this week, piped in 15mm for over 20m...

It literally went up and over this property, installed by EAGA Subbies.

-----------------

I'd still say check it.

AgrEe with jordan.. Vaillant mad did get them to check the valve for the joining materials but that was clear and vaillant man also got them to check the meters gosvenor.. I am going to get them to tery and check for blocks tomorrow. I think it's at the boiler.. And the courier dropped the boiler as it has a dent in the side. I was wondering if that could damage the computer or the electroncs inside it. Anyway, I should stck to my day job! I can sell yo all phones but can't fix boilers! And, you plumbers should all be millionaires!

Get your installer to call vaillant and ask them how to remove copper sulphate from the valve. Should work after that call and a little work.:cool:

The fact that your hob works fine is completely irrelevant.

I have to totally disagree with that statement !

If the hob flame stays the same height when the boiler is started up then it demonstrates two things. The meter regulator is fine and the pipe to the hob is fine.

Therefore the blockage can only be between the hob and the boiler.

This must be one of the simplest problems to solve for any competent gas qualified person.

I am also wondering why anyone would expect to see blue copper sulphate crystals in a gas pipe!

Tony Glazier

The fact that your hob works fine is completely irrelevant.

I have to totally disagree with that statement !

Tony Glazier

why the op has only said it works ok.

first thing you need checking OP is the inlet pressure I:E what actually comes in from the main. the u guage should be on the meter, then turn the hob on, check you still have 21mbar, then check the boiler again you should still have 21 mbar at the meter, then finally if you can get both working before the boiler locks out see what you have, this may need 2 of you 1 to reset the boiler and other to watch the u guage.
i suspect at stage 2 the pressure will zero out on the guage if it does then the problem IS an undersized main coming into your house Transco will then have to replace it (it is a common problem where they have sleeved the supply pushing the new plastic pipe through the old metal service pipe)

hope that explains the likely cause

kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back