New Vaillant Combi Boiler - Which One?

Sponsored Links
Just to add another 2 pence.

Personally if you see yourself needing high demand for DHW i would keep your existing system and replace with a new condensing boiler. You then have the option of replacing the cylinder for a fast recovery type or if demand's are high and building control permits you could upgrade to an unvented cylinder, although from what you have said i would think this is OTT.

My opinion is that to get the most out of a high flow combi you will need to have top cold water main flow, bigger gas supply and cold main to boiler and you will probably not see much performance increase from a well installed vented cylinder which you already have!

He will see better performance with a shower. If a combi, like Broag, is fitted with outside weather compensation he will see a big difference in comfort, economy and shower performance and no leaky tanks and cylinders either, saving lots of space. And no noisy expensive power shower pump.

He needs decent flow of course, the same for any mains pressure system, and a 28mm gas pipe to the combi from the meter.

Sponsored Links
My opinion is that to get the most out of a high flow combi you will need to have top cold water main flow, bigger gas supply and cold main to boiler and you will probably not see much performance increase from a well installed vented cylinder which you already have!

Sam
Thanks for your reply Sambotc..

Another set of questions I'm afraid . What is regarded as "top quality water main flow?.. How much does a "hi flow combi" require? How do you measure it?.. I know for a fact that my mains water tap (where it enters the house) is barely turned a quarter turn because the pressure is too fierce for the cold water kitchen tap otherwise..

On the gas supply pipe side.I have 22mm pipe fitted but somewhere there must be a T-off to supply a gas fire in the front room.This fire must be a good 7metres away from the main.The boiler will only be about 4.5 metres away.. Will I need to upgrade to 28mm??

thanks again Dogger1

I'd ignore bigburner/bigbullshit aka dr drivel, he has never lifted a tool in anger and has no qualifications relevant to the trade. His cut and paste skills from googled sales brochures however are second to none. ;)

bigburner equals bigbullshit. ignore what this unqualified dr drivel spouts as his opinion is worthless (unless you want advice on cutting and pasting from sales brochures)

Got to say I am grateful to all you great people for taking the time to reply.... in fact keep them coming. regards The Dog

Another set of questions I'm afraid . What is regarded as "top quality water main flow?.. How much does a "hi flow combi" require? How do you measure it?.. I know for a fact that my mains water tap (where it enters the house) is barely turned a quarter turn because the pressure is too fierce for the cold water kitchen tap otherwise..

Put a pressure gauage on the washing machine tap.

If a large combi have a 28mm direct from the meter - with no tee offs.

Enough to make you cry or laugh really but one of the firms is quoting me for a new stainless steel gaspipe supply to the boiler because copper is so stealable.. what a state were in man!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back